Spicy Bean and Lentil Loaf
- Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- Calories: 1,907.0
- Total Fat: 11.4 g
- Cholesterol: 0.0 mg
- Sodium: 2,909.9 mg
- Total Carbs: 344.8 g
- Dietary Fiber: 97.1 g
- Protein: 116.6 g
IntroductionVegetarian "meatloaf" made with legumes. This recipe is not mine, it's by Titli Nihaan and the video can be found on YouTube and also at http://www.TitlisBusyKitchen.com. Vegetarian "meatloaf" made with legumes. This recipe is not mine, it's by Titli Nihaan and the video can be found on YouTube and also at http://www.TitlisBusyKitchen.com.
.75 serving 1 cup onion chopped (by KAYLCEY)
.75 serving Celery, chopped, 1 cup (by ECAT77)
1 clove Garlic
2.75 cup Beans, pinto
2.75 cup Lentils
0.25 cup Egg - Eggbeaters
1 cup Bread crumbs, dry, grated, plain
.75 cup Mushrooms, canned
.75 cup, grated Carrots, raw
0.062 cup Tomato Paste
1 tbsp Ketchup, Heinz
1) You can use two egg whites in place of Eggbeaters.
2) Prep time is only a guess, I have never timed this.
3) This is not my recipe, I got it from titlisbusykitchen.com. The original recipe calls for red bell pepper, but I've substituted with mushroom, as I'm not a fan of peppers. Use whichever veggie you like.
2) Steam onion, garlic, celery.
3) While they're steaming, mash up beans & lentils.
4) After steaming and mashing, place mixture and Eggbeaters (or off-brand Eggbeaters) in food processor or blender, and process.
5) Place into a bowl, add remaining ingredients, mix well.
6) Spray a loaf pan with cooking spray.
7) Spoon mixture into loaf pan, press out air pockets.
8) Make smoothe and level.
9) Bake for appx 60 minutes.
10) Remove from oven, allow to cool for appx 10 minutes.
11) Place a plate on top of pan, flip it over.
12) Slice and serve with sides of your choice. Enjoy! :)
Serving Size: Makes 4 servings
Number of Servings: 1
Recipe submitted by SparkPeople user DGLLAMAS.