Mock Beef Stroganoff
IntroductionA great dish to make using left over pot roast! A great dish to make using left over pot roast!
1 lb - Shredded Roast Beef or Beef Pot Roast
1 cup Beef broth from the roast &/or water
1 can *Healthy Request Cream of Mushroom Soup
1 cup - Breakstone Fat Free Sour Cream
2. Stir in cream of mushroom soup. (You can add sliced fresh or canned mushrooms if desired.)
3. Bring mixture just to a boil and then reduce heat. Allow to simmer as your noodles, rice or potatoes cook.
4. When almost ready to serve, stir in the Fat Free Sour Cream. Allow this to simmer till hot, but do not boil once the sour cream is added or it may 'break' and curdle.
5. Serve mixture over noodles, rice, light bread, or potatoes. Egg Noodles are most traditional for stroganoff ... but we like to use Ronzoni Healthy Harvest pasta.
Please Note: This recipe and the nutritional information is for the beef stroganoff topping only ... it does not include the noodles or whatever you choose to serve the mixture over.
** I like to use left over roast and broth from a roast that has cooked in the crockpot. I usually buy a roast a little larger than we need for one meal and save part of it to make this recipe a few nights later. You can easily 'de-fat' the broth after it has chilled in the refrigerator. If you don't have at least a cup of broth, add water as needed. You can also substitute a pound of browned, crumbled, drained and rinsed ground beef for the roast. My family likes it either way, but I really prefer to make it with roast.
Number of Servings: 6
Recipe submitted by SparkPeople user ELAINEHN.
Rate This Recipe
Member Ratings For This Recipe
Recipe CollectionsHere are user created Recipe Collection which have this recipe:
- by: ASTRA56
- by: KEVINK61
- by: BILLIEBACA1
- by: CHEEROCKRACY No Tomatos allowed. This cookbook promotes vegetables and healthiness
- by: PASTRYPUFF1