Piccadilly Cafeteria Lemon Ice Box Pie
- Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- Calories: 523.5
- Total Fat: 8.8 g
- Cholesterol: 82.7 mg
- Sodium: 588.3 mg
- Total Carbs: 105.4 g
- Dietary Fiber: 1.0 g
- Protein: 7.1 g
IntroductionIf you love the pie from Piccadilly like we do, you'll want this recipe! If you love the pie from Piccadilly like we do, you'll want this recipe!
- 2 tbsp granulated sugar
- 1 1/2 cups granulated sugar
- 5 tbsp flour
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 1/4 cups whole milk
- 3 egg yolks, beaten
- 1/3 cup lemon juice 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 8 oz Cool Whip, thawed ((Recipe with low fat type))
- 1 box Jiffy Mix Yellow Cake Mix (prepared as directed)
This recipe is from Recipe Gold Mine and IS NOT a diet recipe. We simply enjoyed the pie so much we wanted the recipe and we thought we'd share it. Obviously, there are ways that you could cut calories and fat but I'm not sure how the pie would turn out.
- Crumble cooled prepared cake and measure 2 cups of crumbs, patting crumbs lightly down when measuring. Place crumbs in small bowl and mix in the sugar.
- Preheat oven to 275°F.
- Spray a 9-inch pie pan with Pam and pat cake crumbs in pie pan on the bottom and up the sides.
- Place pie crust in oven for 7 minutes. Watch crust carefully so the crumbs will not scorch.
- Remove and cool crust.
- In a 2 quart sauce pan mix sugar, flour, salt and milk. Bring to a low boil and cook for 2 or 3 minutes, stirring constantly, until filling becomes thick.
- Remove pan from heat and add 1/2 cup of hot mixture to beat egg yolks and whisk together.
- Place filling back on stove at a low heat and slowly pour egg yolk mixture into filling while whisking together.
- Pour lemon juice and vanilla extract into filling and bring to a soft boil and cook for 2 or 3 minutes longer.
- When filling is thick, remove from heat and set aside to cool. The filling may be poured into the crust while still a little warm but not hot.
Place pie in refrigerator for several hours to set and chill completely. When chilled, top with Cool Whip and sprinkle the two tablespoons of crumbled cake crumbs over the top. Garnish with fresh lemon zest.
Number of Servings: 8
Recipe submitted by SparkPeople user ROBLOVESJENN.