Stir Fry Chicken Broccoli Cashew
- Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- Calories: 213.1
- Total Fat: 5.7 g
- Cholesterol: 20.6 mg
- Sodium: 349.1 mg
- Total Carbs: 12.3 g
- Dietary Fiber: 5.1 g
- Protein: 12.7 g
IntroductionFor a low calorie, and colorful stirfry chicken dish, try this chicken w/ broccoli and cashews. This dish serves 6-8 people
For a low calorie, and colorful stirfry chicken dish, try this chicken w/ broccoli and cashews. This dish serves 6-8 people
3 raw skinless chicken breasts, sliced and cut into cubes
2 T. olive oil
3/4 Cup chicken broth, no msg
2 T. sherry cooking wine
1 cup sliced or diced celery,
1/2 cup sliced green onions
1 cup broccoli flowerets
1 can drained bamboo shoots
1 can drained sliced water chestnuts
1/2 cup whole cashews
2 T. cornstarch
2 T. Cold water,
2 T. soysauce
If you are not watching sodium, you could use a 4 oz. can of cooked sliced mushrooms instead of fresh. And, if you wanted to use a package of frozen broccoli flowerets, cooked according to package directions you could. But, the fresh broccoili, always tastes better.
I serve this dish and let people sprinkle their dish w/ additional lite soy sauce if they desire. and, for my family I serve over minute rice w/ chow mein noodles sprinkled on the top.
Sometimes, I will add a drained can of chinese vegetables to this dish if I need to serve more people, and I will use 4 chicken breasts instead of 3.
But, I take this dish w/out rice and w/ out chow mein noodles for lunches at work.
2. Add chicken broth and sherry cooking wine to wok. Bring to a boil. Then turn heat down and simmer w/ lid on for 20 - 30 minutes.
3. In saucepan, cook broccoli flowerets in water until bright green and fork tender. Set aside
4. Cook celery and onion and mushrooms in covered microwave dish for 2 minutes. or stir fry in separate pan in 2 T. oil.Set aside.
5. Add veg.(celery, onion and mushrooms ) to chicken and broth mixture. Bring to a boil, cover, turn heat to low and simmer for 10 minutes.
6. Mix 2 T. Cold water with soysauce and cornstarch.
and pour into chicken mixture. Bring to a boil, stir corstarch mixture through out until chicken and broth mixture thickens/
7. add broccoli and cashews, turn heat to low and cook for additional 5 minutes.
Serving Size: 6 - 8 servings