Homemade Artisan bread with whole wheat flour
- Servings Per Recipe: 48
- Amount Per Serving
- Calories: 63.7
- Total Fat: 0.2 g
- Cholesterol: 0.0 mg
- Sodium: 218.7 mg
- Total Carbs: 13.2 g
- Dietary Fiber: 0.5 g
- Protein: 1.9 g
IntroductionGreat tasting bread, and soooo easy.
(This is a variation of a recipe found on www.motherearthnews.com.) Great tasting bread, and soooo easy.
(This is a variation of a recipe found on www.motherearthnews.com.)
4.5 cups flour (unbleached)
2 cups wheat flour
1.5 Tblsp kosher salt
1.5 Tblsp yeast
Dough can be kept in the refrigerator and baked one loaf at a time. Just pull out 1/4 of the dough on baking day, shape into loaf, place in warm spot for 40 minutes to an hour to warm up and rise a little. Heat oven to 450 degrees with stone and roasting pan inside and follow baking directions.
Note: dough will become sour after a few days and will bake up as wonderful sour dough bread.
2. measure out flour in large bowl, do not sift.
3. pour yeast mixture into flour and mix well until all flour is incorporated, cover bowl and set in warm place for a couple hours to rise.
Once dough has doubled and flattened on top it is ready to bake.
4. Divide dough into four parts. Shape using wet hands into loaves (round or oblong) (shape by holding dough and bringing all four corners to center tucking in on bottom) and place on parchment paper on a pizza peel.
5. Place baking stone in oven and roasting pan on rack under stone and turn oven to 450 degrees.
6. When oven is hot place parchment with loaves on stone.
7. Pour one cup hot water in roasting pan and close oven immediately. Bake for 30-35 minutes.
Serving Size: makes 4 1lb loaves approx 15 slices each loaf
Rate This Recipe
Recipe CollectionsHere are user created Recipe Collection which have this recipe:
- by: ICYHILL