Crispy, Crunchy, Oven Fried Eggplant Slices
- Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- Calories: 117.6
- Total Fat: 2.9 g
- Cholesterol: 3.0 mg
- Sodium: 485.5 mg
- Total Carbs: 22.1 g
- Dietary Fiber: 7.5 g
- Protein: 6.1 g
IntroductionThese are great as a snack or side dish but yummy in Eggplant Parm! These are great as a snack or side dish but yummy in Eggplant Parm!
1 Eggplant, washed and sliced into 16 1/4 inch ovals
1/2 cup egg beaters white only
2 TB lite italian dressing 45 cal.
1/2 cup panko bread crumb Pane d' Oro brand 95 cal.
1/2 cup Fiber One original cereal, measured then ground fine in food processor or spice mill
1 tsp Hidden Valley Ranch Dressing mix dry
2 tsp Kraft grated parmesan cheese
1 tsp dry italian seasoning (or 1 tsp dry basil + 1/2 tsp oregano dry)
1 TB dried chopped onion
1/2 tsp salt
1/8 tsp ground black pepper
I eat these as a snack, a side dish or I use them to make eggplant parm. For the parm I divide up a laughing cow cheese wedge, add some tomato sauce or stewed tomatoes and cover with just a little shredded motzarella cheese. Pop it into the oven or microwave and yum!
1. Cover 2 cookie sheets with tin foil and spritze with cooking spray. Set aside.
2. Wash and slice eggplant into 16 1/4 inch pieces.
3. Measure 1/2 cup fiber one cereal and grind til fine in food processor or spice mill.
4. In a medium size bowl combine fiber one cereal, panko bread crumbs, hidden valley dressing mix, grated cheese, dried spices, chopped dried onion, salt and pepper. Mix until blended.
5. In a medium bowl add egg whites and italian dressing, blend well.
6. Dip eggplant into eggwash, then into bread crumbs and put onto baking sheets. Spritz with cooking spray.
7. Bake 12 minutes, flip slices and rotate pans in the oven. Spritze again with cooking spray and cook another 12 minutes or until nice and brown and crunchy. Take eggplant slices off of cookie sheet and cool on a rack, this will keep them crunchy.
Serving Size: makes 4 servings, 4 slices each