Sweet Potato Tuna Burger
IntroductionYummy alternative to a burger! Yummy alternative to a burger!
1/2 Sweet potato
2 oz Chunk light tuna (about 1/4 cup)
1 large egg
1 tbs chopped onion
1 tbs chopped celery
1 Thomas' Triple Health English Muffins
-Patty sticks together well without bread crumbs so I leave out the extra calories, but they are optional!
-You can use whatever cooking method you choose (grill, bake, griddle).
- I like to put 1 tbs. mashed avocado and 1 slice of tomato on my burger, but you can add whatever toppings you'd like! (not included in calorie count)
2. Add tuna, egg, chopped onion, and chopped celery to bowl with sweet potato.
4. Divide mixture in half and create 2 patties. Wrap second patty in plastic wrap if not eating right away.
5. Set stove to medium-high heat and spray frying pan with non-stick cooking spray.
6. Cook patty about 3-4 minutes on each side.
7. Put patty on toasted english muffin and enjoy!
Serving Size: Makes 2 patties
Number of Servings: 1
Recipe submitted by SparkPeople user KORILGM.