Basic Chocolate Truffles and Coffee Truffles
- Servings Per Recipe: 30
- Amount Per Serving
- Calories: 95.6
- Total Fat: 6.8 g
- Cholesterol: 8.2 mg
- Sodium: 4.0 mg
- Total Carbs: 9.9 g
- Dietary Fiber: 1.0 g
- Protein: 0.8 g
IntroductionDecadent and delicious! This recipe offers two options: either plain or coffee flavored truffles. Decadent and delicious! This recipe offers two options: either plain or coffee flavored truffles.
Ganache for both truffles:
16 oz dark or semisweet chocolate, chopped
6 oz heavy whipping cream
2 Tbsp (1 oz) Brandy or coffee liqueur (Kahlua or Tia Maria)
For coffee truffle:
1/4 cup espresso coffee (finely ground) or finely ground dark roast coffee
For rolling the truffles:
for plain truffles: 2 Tbsp unsweetened cocoa powder
for coffee truffles: 1 Tbsp cocoa powder and 1 Tbsp espresso coffee
Use vinyl gloves when working with the ganache, it will keep the chocolate from sticking to your hands when you roll the truffles.
If the ganache is too hard and does not scoop out easily, let it stand for a while a room temperature. Or microwave for 10 to 20 seconds to soften it just a little.
1. Heat the cream to just below boiling in a pan.
2. Add the 1/4 cup espresso (or dark roast coffee). 3. Let stand for 30 minutes then strain out the coffee grounds out and continue.
1. Put all ingredients in a large(5 or 7 cup) heat proof bowl and microwave for 90 seconds.
2. Stir for 10 seconds
3. If there is any solid chocolate, microwave for 10 seconds more and then stir for 10 seconds.
4. Repeat until smooth.
5. Refrigerate for 4 hours until just firm or chill overnight.
Note: If you chilled it overnight, let stand at room temperature for a couple of hours to soften slightly.
Or in a pinch you can microwave it for 10 to 20 seconds to soften it a bit.
6. Scoop out 1 Tbsp size portions and roll in your hand (disposable vinyl gloves are very helpful!) to form the truffle.
7. Roll in chocolate and chill for 1 hour or overnight.
8. Let stand at room temp for an hour before serving,
9. The chilled truffles can be tightly wrapped in two layers of foil and frozen. Thaw before serving.
Serving Size: Makes approximately 30 truffles
Number of Servings: 30
Recipe submitted by SparkPeople user EILCAH.