Sweet and Tangy Barbecue Sauce (No Sugar Added)
- Servings Per Recipe: 24
- Amount Per Serving
- Calories: 36.9
- Total Fat: 1.0 g
- Cholesterol: 0.0 mg
- Sodium: 438.5 mg
- Total Carbs: 6.8 g
- Dietary Fiber: 1.2 g
- Protein: 1.7 g
2 Tablespoons coconut oil
2 Tablespoons dried, minced onion
2 Tablespoons garlic powder
1 cup boiling water
1 cup reduced-sodium beef broth
18 ounces tomato paste
3/4 cup worstershire sauce
1/2 cup spicy brown mustard
1/2 apple cider vinegar
1 cup apple juice (no sugar added)
1 teaspoon salt
1 cup stevia in the raw
This sauce is thick and rich. If you prefer a thinner sauce, you can add more beef broth, apple juice, or water until your reach the consistency you desire.
If you prefer your sauce more tangy and less sweet, use only 1/2 cup of stevia.
I cleaned out a large spaghetti sauce jar and stored the sauce in it. This recipe yields 6 cups.
2. Reduce heat to low and add dried minced onion. Let this sit for 5 minutes so that onion can be reconstituted.
3. Add beef broth, tomato paste, worstershire sauce, spicy brown mustard, apple cider vinegar, apple juice, salt, and stevia. Use a whisk to combine all ingredients until smooth.
4. Bring mixture to a boil on medium heat, stirring constantly.
5. Reduce heat to low and cover. Cook for 2 hours.
6. Turn off heat and let mixture cool completely.
7. Store in an air-tight container in your refrigerator for up to six weeks.
Serving Size: Makes 24 one-quarter-cup servings
Number of Servings: 24
Recipe submitted by SparkPeople user FRESHPAINT04.
Rate This Recipe
Member Ratings For This Recipe
Recipe CollectionsHere are user created Recipe Collection which have this recipe:
- by: BIBIMC