Low Carb Decadent Dark Chocolate Mocha Brownie
- Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- Calories: 291.2
- Total Fat: 24.3 g
- Cholesterol: 31.0 mg
- Sodium: 37.0 mg
- Total Carbs: 14.7 g
- Dietary Fiber: 4.2 g
- Protein: 5.9 g
IntroductionThis is a decadent, no flour version of a usually carbohydrate-filled and sugar-laden treat! This is a decadent, no flour version of a usually carbohydrate-filled and sugar-laden treat!
6 ounces premium dark chocolate, 70% cocoa, coarsely chopped (I used Moser Roth brand from Aldi)
8 Tablespoons coconut oil
3 cups stevia in the raw
1/2 cup Da Vinci's Sugar-free Kahlua flavoring
1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
2 large eggs, room temperature
8 Tablespoons liquid egg white, room temperature
Baker's Joy Nonstick Baking Spray
Eggs and egg whites must be at room temperature. (This is important to keep the egg mixture from "cooking" when you add the slightly warm chocolate mixture.)
You may substitute melted butter for the coconut oil and Splenda for the stevia. (You may be wondering why I used so much Stevia -- dark chocolate and cocoa powder are not sweet. You have to give these brownies sweetness in some form, so I used stevia.)
Make sure you cool the chocolate mixture before adding it to the egg mixture. If you don't, you will "cook" the egg mixture.
Don't over-mix the batter or the brownies will be dense instead of creamy and rich.
There are many sugar-free flavorings that you could add to this brownie recipe. DaVinci's Kahlua (non-alcoholic) gives the recipe a hint of coffee flavoring, which makes the combination of chocolate/coffee "mocha."
You can melt the chocolate in the microwave (with the oil). Cook for 30 seconds, then stir. Cook another 30 seconds and stir. Time depends on the wattage of your microwave.
Serve each brownie with 1/2 cup of Breyer's Carb Smart Vanilla ice cream. This will increase the amount of carbs per serving slightly, but it's oh-so-worth it!
2. Add dark chocolate and coconut oil to double boiler. Melt over medium heat and use a whisk to blend.
3. Add stevia, Kahlua flavoring, and cocoa powder to melted chocolate and blend well.
4. Remove from heat and cool 5-10 minutes.
5. Using a hand mixer, blend the eggs and egg whites on low speed until frothy.
6. Mix chocolate and eggs on low speed until just blended.
7. Spray 8' X 8" glass baking dish with Baker's Joy Nonstick Baking Spray.
8. Pour brownie batter into dish. (I gently "bounce" the bottom of the dish on the counter a couple of times to distribute batter evenly and remove bubbles.)
9. Bake for 30-35 minutes or until edges of brownie are dry and pull away from the baking dish.
10. Cool on rack. Cut into 12 brownie squares.
Serving Size: Make 12 brownies
Rate This Recipe
Member Ratings For This Recipe
Recipe CollectionsHere are user created Recipe Collection which have this recipe:
- by: B_BEAR02