1/2 lb of boneless, skinless chicken breasts;
1/2 stalk of cilantro/coriander
1/4 c diced ginger root
7 - 9 red chili peppers, dried
3 T of Extra Virgin Olive Oil
3 pinches of garam masala
1/2 cup of raw cashews
1/4 cup of almonds
5 medium tomatoes
6.5 - 7 medium onions
2 cups of Astro 0% plain yogurt
2 - 3 pinches of chili powder
1.5 tablespoons of salt (or more, depending on taste)
2.5 - 3 heaping tableshppons of the Chicken Gravy (aka Chicken Curry mixture) (dry blend)
10 large fresh green chili peppers
2 oz lemon juice (or flavour to taste)
To add additional liquid, I add one cup of boiled water mixed with one tsp of chicken stock.
This curry goes nicely with one cup of cooked brown rice. I also enjoy a half cup of 0% plain yogurt along side my meal to temper the hot spices. Enjoy!
2. Add 1/4 c of diced ginger root
3. Add diced onions and dried chili peppers
4. Add almonds and green chili peppers
5. Add approx half lb of boneless skinless chicken thigh,diced.
6. Add tomatoes
7. Add chopped cilanto (put in half now and save the other half for later)
8. Mix 2.5 to 3 T of "Chicken Gravy" spice (specifically a blend of spices for Chicken curry from a speciality store)
9. Mix in 1.5 T of salt
10. 2 - 3 pinces of chili powder
11. 2 - 3 pinches of garam masala
Blend these ingredients and stir into the pot
12. Add cashews
13. Add last bit of cilantro
14. Add splash of lemon juice
15. Add additional salt to taste
Ideally let this sit on the over for a few hours for the flavours to blend.
Serving Size: Makes 11 servings of approximately one cup of chicken curry
Number of Servings: 11
Recipe submitted by SparkPeople user XHENA16.