Banana Raisin Muffins (modified)
- Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- Calories: 144.9
- Total Fat: 5.1 g
- Cholesterol: 0.0 mg
- Sodium: 157.8 mg
- Total Carbs: 24.5 g
- Dietary Fiber: 2.6 g
- Protein: 2.4 g
IntroductionThis is our modified version of a SP recipe we found that had been reprinted with permission by Seattle County Public Health. It's VERY quick to throw together, and a very 'clean' recipe, plus they're DELICIOUS! :) This is our modified version of a SP recipe we found that had been reprinted with permission by Seattle County Public Health. It's VERY quick to throw together, and a very 'clean' recipe, plus they're DELICIOUS! :)
2-3 ripe bananas, mashed
1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
1/4 cup honey
1/4 cup almond milk (or buttermilk, coconut milk, etc)
1 tsp. vanilla
1.5 cups whole wheat flour (can sub buckwheat, etc)
1 tsp. baking soda
1/4 tsp. salt
1 TB cinnamon (or other spices to taste - nutmeg, clove)
1/2 cup raisins
This recipe is really easy to play with - we've used different flours, subbed almond extract for vanilla, used craisins, nuts, chocolate chips, and used coconut oil for olive oil. Feel free to add/subtract/replace ingredients to suit your taste - they always turn out fantastic anyway!!! (we have added applesauce, oats, coconut, millet, flaxseed, nuts, etc)
2. In large mixing bowl, combine mashed bananas, oil, honey, milk, and vanilla.
3. In small mixing bowl, combine flour, baking soda, salt, and spices.
4. Add dry mixture into large bowl with wet mixture. Stir just to combine.
5. Fold raisins into dough.
6. Spray muffin tin and ice cream scoop with oil.
7. Use scoop to portion 12 equal amounts into tin.
8. Bake 16-20 minutes, turning halfway through.
9. Remove from tin & ENJOY!
Serving Size: Makes 12 small muffins