Chicken Livers and Bacon Stroganoff
- Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- Calories: 520.5
- Total Fat: 27.8 g
- Cholesterol: 420.5 mg
- Sodium: 428.5 mg
- Total Carbs: 20.6 g
- Dietary Fiber: 1.4 g
- Protein: 29.0 g
IntroductionChicken Livers And Bacon Stroganoff. An English Dish, that takes 10 minutes to prepare And 30 minutes to cook This Recipe Serves 4 People.
Chicken Livers And Bacon Stroganoff. An English Dish, that takes 10 minutes to prepare And 30 minutes to cook This Recipe Serves 4 People.
3 tablespoons Olive Oil (or less; see below)
1 lb Chicken Liver , rinsed and trimmed
6 slices Bacon
2 cups Onions chopped
4 oz Fresh Mushrooms sliced (or more if desired)
1 tablespoon Paprika
1/3 cup Dry Sherry
1 1/2 cups Sour Cream
2 Garlic cloves, finely minced, or equivalent
Salt to taste
Pepper to taste
12 oz Egg Noodles package medium
I know that this one might turn some folks off, but it is a fairly old-fashioned dish that makes a good supper. It does not take very long to prepare (30 minutes or so), and it combines several of my favorite ingredients: bacon, chicken liver, mushrooms, garlic, onions, and sour cream.
2. Add noodles, and cook until tender, about 8 minutes.
3. Drain, and set aside.While the noodles are getting started, cook the bacon in a large heavy skillet until tender.
4. Remove bacon from skillet leaving the grease in the skillet if desired.
5. In the same skillet have sufficient bacon grease and/or olive oil to make about 3 tablespoons.
6. Add onions, and cook over medium heat, stirring until tender, about 5 minutes.
7. Add mushrooms, and continue cooking for a few minutes, until starting to brown.
8. Add the chicken livers and garlic; season with paprika, salt, and pepper.
9. Add the bacon, broken/cut into small pieces back to the skillet, and cook all these ingredients for 8 to 10 minutes, until livers are nicely browned on the outside, but still slightly pink in the center.
10. Do not overcook because the livers will become tough and leathery.
11. Remove the skillet from the heat, and gradually whisk in the sherry or apple juice, then the sour cream until well blended.
12. Serve over noodles.
. 4 oz noodles and 4 oz livers per serving.