Pesto, Mozzarella & Roasted Red Pepper-Stuffed Chicken Breast
- Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- Calories: 344.9
- Total Fat: 5.8 g
- Cholesterol: 82.6 mg
- Sodium: 989.5 mg
- Total Carbs: 12.7 g
- Dietary Fiber: 0.9 g
- Protein: 26.7 g
IntroductionThe nutritional information is based on one WHOLE serving. This is for 4 whole servings, but when ever I make this I always eat 1/2 of one serving because 1 is just too much for me. The nutritional information is based on one WHOLE serving. This is for 4 whole servings, but when ever I make this I always eat 1/2 of one serving because 1 is just too much for me.
4 Skinless/Boneless Chicken breasts
1 Roasted Red Bell Pepper (you can easily make this yourself)
8 - 1/4" slices of Fresh Mozzarella Cheese
4 tsps Basil Pesto Sauce (or fresh basil)
pinch of seasoning of choice like italian
2 tsp Paremesian cheese
You can substitute the Pesto Basil with fresh basil leaves.
Also, I make my own roasted red peppers because it's so easy to do. To prepare, i usually do it the night before but i slice 1 red bell pepper in half. add tin foil to a roasting pan; place the two halves of the red pepper on the foil, then drizzle some olive oil on top (very little) then bake it in the oven for about 25 minutes - or until the skin turns black. take it out, and let it stand for about an hour for it to cool down; then peel the skin off; slice the pepper; place in a container with the oil overnight.
Butterfly each of the chicken breasts - you need to open them so you can fold them over - you're almost making a pocket and then season the outside of each slice and then place it season side down in the pan.
1. spread about 1 tsp of the basil pesto on one side of each open slice (see photos).
2. Layer a slice of mozzarella cheese on each breast
3. Layer 1-2 slices of the roasted red pepper on top of the mozzarella cheese.
4. Fold over to close the package and now season the top and place in the oven for about 35-40 minutes.
5. After about 35 minutes, remove from the chicken.
6. Add another slice of mozzarella on top of the chicken.
7. Sprinkle some Parmesan cheese on top.
8. Season again and then place in the oven on high broil for about 5 minutes. Just enough for the cheese to melt and get a little golden brown.
Serving Size: Makes about 4 whole servings (nutritional info based on 4 whole servings) or about 8+ 4oz servings
Rate This Recipe
Recipe CollectionsHere are user created Recipe Collection which have this recipe:
- by: HONEYBEEZZ