Blueberry Lemon Chia Seed Protein Muffins
- Servings Per Recipe: 9
- Amount Per Serving
- Calories: 127.7
- Total Fat: 3.3 g
- Cholesterol: 24.9 mg
- Sodium: 238.6 mg
- Total Carbs: 14.5 g
- Dietary Fiber: 3.3 g
- Protein: 10.1 g
IntroductionHealthy breakfast muffins Healthy breakfast muffins
56 gram(s) Bob's Red Mill - Organic High Fiber Coconut Flour (7g / Tbsp) (by SCHNELLD)
1.35 serving Carb Isopure - Creamy Vanilla, Perfect Zero
.33 tbsp Bob's Red Mill Xanthan Gum (Thickener) 1 tbsp serving (by ADDICTED2DONUTS)
.75 tsp Baking Powder
.75 tsp Baking Soda
8 gram Chia Seed - Spectrum Organic Essentials (1T/12g)
45 mL Lemon Juice
4 tbsp Agave | Wholesome Sweeteners | Organic Blue Agave
.25 cup Yogurt Plain Greek Yogurt, non-fat
1 tsp Vanilla Extract
1 tbsp Butter, unsalted
1 large Egg, fresh, whole, raw
4.058 oz 365 Organic Almond Milk Unsweetened
1 cup fresh blueberries1 cup Blueberries, fresh
Use whey protein powder as plant-based will dry out the batter too much.
Can substitute any type of milk for almond milk.
Frozen blueberries will work as well but coat them in the dry mixture to reduce the grey-ing of the batter. You may need to bake a few minutes longer.
2. Whisk together flour, protein powder, xanthan gum, baking powder, baking soda, salt, seeds, and lemon zest in a medium bowl.
3. In separate bowl, mix together coconut oil, egg and vanilla extract. Stir in greek yogurt until smooth. Stir in agave, lemon juice, and almond milk.
4. Add dry mixture slowly until fully incorporated.
5. Let batter rest for 10 minutes then fold in blueberries.
6. Fill muffin pan (I use silicone since they are easier to remove). Bake for 23-26 minutes or until toothpick come out clean from center.
Serving Size: makes 9 muffins
Number of Servings: 9
Recipe submitted by SparkPeople user CKOZLOWSKI358.