Tasty Steel-Cut Oats (crockpot)
- Servings Per Recipe: 5
- Amount Per Serving
- Calories: 407.0
- Total Fat: 5.2 g
- Cholesterol: 0.0 mg
- Sodium: 103.8 mg
- Total Carbs: 83.2 g
- Dietary Fiber: 8.5 g
- Protein: 16.2 g
View full nutritional breakdown of Tasty Steel-Cut Oats (crockpot) calories by ingredient
IntroductionThese steel-cut oats are tasty and rich, with generous serving sizes. They're also a ridiculously easy way to have breakfasts done for the week. They reheat really well. These steel-cut oats are tasty and rich, with generous serving sizes. They're also a ridiculously easy way to have breakfasts done for the week. They reheat really well.
Number of Servings: 5
* Steel Cut Oats, dry, 2 cup - rinse and drain as best you can
* Evaporated fat free skim milk, 12 oz can + enough water to make 7ish cups (this is not all that exact--a bit more than 7 is good)
* Flax Seed, 2 tbsp
* Kretschmer Wheat Germ, 2 Tbsp
* Vanilla Extract, 2 tbsp
* 1/2 cup of dried apricots (can also use a fresh apple or peach; dried cherries are good, too)
* Brown Sugar, 1/3 cup, packed
* A whole bunch of nutmeg and cinnamon (to taste)
* Dash of salt
This makes a work week's worth (5 servings) of steel cut oats, with very generous servings. You can separate it out into a whole week (7 servings). Just enter each day as .714 servings.
Chop up the fruit, rinse the oats, and then throw everything together into the crock pot. Stir, cover, and heat on high for 4 hours.