No Sodium Chicken Broth
- Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- Calories: 2.3
- Total Fat: 0.0 g
- Cholesterol: 0.0 mg
- Sodium: 0.4 mg
- Total Carbs: 0.5 g
- Dietary Fiber: 0.1 g
- Protein: 0.1 g
IntroductionThis is a way to make your own chicken broth. This is a way to make your own chicken broth.
3 chicken breasts
2 quarts water
1/2 t parsley
1/4 t onion powder
2 cloves garlic, minced
1/2 t thyme
1/2 t rosemary
1/2 t oregano
1/2 t basil
1 bay leaf
1/2 t black pepper
You can store the broth in your fridge or freeze and store it.
You can leave the sea salt out completely if you want.
You can save the chicken for another meal.
Place the spices and herbs in a coffee filter, tie it off, and toss it into the pot. It makes it easier to remove them and you don't need to strain the broth then.
2) Add raw chicken and seasonings and boil 20 minutes.
3) Remove boiled chicken and serve or refrigerate
and save for later.
4) Strain out bay leaf and seasonings.
5) Let broth cool to room temperature and then skim any fat off the surface
6) Refrigerate broth. Once it's cold, skim the rest of the fat from the top.
Serving Size: Makes 2 Quarts or 8 1 Cup Servings