BBQ Chicken Pizza
IntroductionFrom Oxygen Magazine's "Fat Blasting Food Guide". Uses Mango BBQ Sauce. I added that recipe separately. I did not use whole wheat pizza crust, as I could not find one at the store, but the recipe did call for whole wheat From Oxygen Magazine's "Fat Blasting Food Guide". Uses Mango BBQ Sauce. I added that recipe separately. I did not use whole wheat pizza crust, as I could not find one at the store, but the recipe did call for whole wheat
1 Kroger Pizza Crust
1/2 red onion, thinly sliced
1 tsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil
2 Boneless Skinless Chicken Breast Halves, cooked and cubed
1 Cup Mango BBQ Sauce
1/2 bunch fresh Cilantro, chopped
1/2 cup shredded Mozzarella Cheese
Comfort food doesn't need to lead to belly bulge, as long as you practice sensible portion control by cutting this pizza into 12 slices instead of 6. Pizza is notoriously difficult for some people to stop eating after one slice, so trick it by having a 2 slice serving, but smaller slices.
2. Saute red onion and olive oil on medium heat until browned, about 5 minutes
3. Add chicken and sauce. Bring to a boil.
4. Reduce heat to simmer until sauce thickens and clings to chicken, about 10 minutes
5. Spread chicken/sauce mixture onto pre-baked pizza crust.
6. Sprinkle with cilantro and cheese and heat at 400 degrees for 5 minutes, or until cheese is melted. Remove from the oven and let rest for 5 minutes. Slice into 12 slices. Serve.
Serving Size: Makes 6 2 slice servings
Number of Servings: 6
Recipe submitted by SparkPeople user MARATHON_MOM.