Healthier Spicy Buffalo Chicken Dip
- Servings Per Recipe: 20
- Amount Per Serving
- Calories: 127.9
- Total Fat: 8.0 g
- Cholesterol: 39.2 mg
- Sodium: 584.4 mg
- Total Carbs: 1.6 g
- Dietary Fiber: 0.0 g
- Protein: 11.6 g
IntroductionA scrumptious, healthy version of Buffalo Chicken Dip - Perfect for Football season. A scrumptious, healthy version of Buffalo Chicken Dip - Perfect for Football season.
2 Large Chicken Breast Halves, Shredded (approx 17 oz total)
2 8 oz Blocks of Neufchatel Cheese (1/3 Fat Cream Cheese), softened
1 C Fage 0% Plain Yogurt (Or other Greek Yogurt)
8 oz Block of 2% Milk Fat Sharp Cheddar Cheese, shredded, divided
3/4 C Red Pepper Sauce (Suggested: Frank's Red Hot - Extra Hot)
1 tsp Garlic Powder
Celery hearts, chopped
Pita Chips (Recommend Stacy's)
Many Buffalo chicken recipes call for canned chicken and pre-shredded cheese. Shredding the chicken and cheese yourself is a bit more effort but worth it as it cuts out many unhealthy fillers.
Additionally, I've found that pre-shredded cheese can become oiler when cooked (perhaps because it is coated with anti-clumping starches?). Plus, shredding your own cheese/chicken is cheaper!
2. Poach Chicken Breasts for approximately 30 minutes then shred.
While poaching chicken, shred cheddar cheese block. Put 3/4 C of shredded cheese to the side.
3. Mix all ingredients (besides 3/4 C of cheddar) together until well-blended. Transfer to 8x11 pan (or other baking pan).
4. Sprinkle the remaining 3/4 C of cheese evenly on top.
5. Bake in preheated oven for 15 minutes, then Broil for 2 minutes to lightly brown the top of the cheese.
6. Serve with veggies/chips/bread of your choice. It was a hit with celery!
Serving Size: Makes 20 1/4 C Servings