Bavarian London Broil
IntroductionHigh Protein, Low-salt, and Delicious. High Protein, Low-salt, and Delicious.
1 T coarsely ground Black Pepper
1 T Dry (powdered) Mustard Seed
1 T Smoked Paprika
1 T Olive Oil
1.5 lbs London Broil
1 twelve-ounce bottle dark ale
2 Large chopped Onions
2 Cups chopped fresh Mushrooms
1) Use POWDERED, dry mustard seed - NOT prepared mustard. Use SMOKED Paprika, not standard Paprika.
2) Recommended side serving: young asparagus baked 15 minutes in a covered pan, in 400 degree oven, with 2 Tablespoons butter, one chopped tomato, 8 minced garlic cloves, and one teaspoon parmesan cheese.
2) Mix Mustard, Paprika, and Pepper and spread liberally over both sides of meat. Press dry rub into the meat.
3) Increase olive oil to medium-high heat. Sear meat 2 minutes on each side.
4) Remove meat from pan and set aside. Use spatula to scrape burned spices off bottom of pan (leave in pan). Add Ale, onions, and mushrooms, and bring to a boil.
5) After 5minutes, return meat to pan. Set right on top of onion-mushroom mixture, and cover. Cook for 5 minutes and test meat by cutting into it to make sure it's right for you. London Broil should be RED inside, NOT cooked through.
6) Serve meat with onion/shroom/pan drippings poured over top.
Serving Size: Makes two man-sized servings
Number of Servings: 2
Recipe submitted by SparkPeople user TULLYFITZ.