Chicken Mozzarella Parmesan
IntroductionA much lighter version of chicken parmesan. I use the smaller organic chicken breasts that are about 3 oz each. A much lighter version of chicken parmesan. I use the smaller organic chicken breasts that are about 3 oz each.
18 oz Tyson boneless, skinless chicken breast
1 tbsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil
0.25 cup Panko Breadcrumbs Italian Style (by SKIP82962)
6 serving Kraft Parmesan Cheese (2 tsp serving)
.5 cup Cheese, Kroger Part Skim Mozzarella Cheese Shredded
1 tsp McCormick Garlic Powder (by CD6665670)
1 tbsp Parsley, dried
1 tsp Oregano, ground
1 serving Hunt's Spaghetti Sauce (Garlic&Herb)(1/2c)
As noted, I used the rest of the Hunt's sauce, cooked about 3-4 cups of whole wheat spaghetti, and had that as a base layer under the chicken breast. This served my (adult) family of 3...1 female and 2 males. It's hard to guess the prep and cook times because I let this cook until they guys were ready to eat...sorry.
2. In a non-stick pan: add the coated chicken in a tight circle and brown. Turn over, keeping the circle tight, and cook about 5 min.
3. Sprinkle the garlic powder and oregano or Italian seasoning mix on each breast; pour the sauce onto each breast and if you have any left, pour around the chicken.
4. Cover and cook on a medium heat until the sauce is bubbling/light boil.
5. Sprinkle on the parmesan cheese, replace the cover.
6. In a small bowl, mix the dried parsley into the shredded mozzarella and then place the mozzarella onto each breast so each one has about the same amount of cheese. Replace the cover and put the heat on low and cook, covered, until chicken is cooked through and cheese is fully melted.
(I served one breast on a 1 cup bed of whole wheat spaghetti cooked with the rest of the Hunt's sauce.)
Serving Size: 1 - 3 oz chicken breast
Number of Servings: 6
Recipe submitted by SparkPeople user DAWN28727.