Pumpkin Rolls with Spelt Flour
- Servings Per Recipe: 24
- Amount Per Serving
- Calories: 160.0
- Total Fat: 4.3 g
- Cholesterol: 5.8 mg
- Sodium: 104.9 mg
- Total Carbs: 30.4 g
- Dietary Fiber: 5.2 g
- Protein: 4.8 g
IntroductionI took a pumpkin rolls recipe from Bon Appetit, Nov 1990 & modified it. Instead of using regular flour, I substituted Sprouted Organic Spelt & Spring Wheat flour. I took a pumpkin rolls recipe from Bon Appetit, Nov 1990 & modified it. Instead of using regular flour, I substituted Sprouted Organic Spelt & Spring Wheat flour.
1 Tbsp + 3/4 tsp Dry Yeast
1/4 Cup Warm Water
1 Cup (244gm) Pumpkin
1 Cup Warm Milk
3/4 Cup(90gm) Sugar
2.5Tbsp Virgin Coconut Oil
1 tsp Salt
3 Cups (360gm) Organic Sprouted Spelt Flour
3 Cups (360gm) Organic Sprouted Spring Wheat Flour
1/2 Cup All Purpose Flour
1 tsp Ground Cinnamon
1 tsp Ground Ginger
0.25 tsp Cloves
1/2 tsp Ground nutmeg
4 Tbsp Melted Unsalted Butter
The original recipe does not call for the addition of the spices, but I added them to obtain a more distinct pumpkin flavor.
The recipe makes 24 rolls. Adjust size according to your preferences.
I usually use an insulated cookie sheet or two cookie sheets (one on top of the other) to prevent the bottoms of the rolls from burning.
2. Mix Pumpkin, Milk, Sugar, Oil, Salt and Spices in heavy duty mixer fitted with dough hook.
3. Blend in yeast mixture.
4. Mix the All Purpose, Spelt, & Spring Wheat Flour together.
5. Gradually beat in enough of the mixed Flours, 1 Cup at a time, to make a stiff dough.
6. Continue beating until dough forms ball.
7. Add Dough to lightly oiled large bowl, turning to coat with oil.
8. Cover bowl with plastic.
9. Let rise in warm, draft free area until doubled - about 90 minutes.
10. Lightly grease 1 large cookie sheet.
11. Punch dough down.
12. Divide dough into 3 equal pieces.
13. Divide each piece into 8 equal pieces.
14. Roll each dough piece into a smooth ball and place on cookie sheet, with sides barely touching.
15. Cover rolls with towels & let rise in warm draft-free area until double in size - about 60 minutes.
16. Preheat oven to 350º F.
17. Brush rolls lightly with 2 Tbsp Melted Butter.
18. Bake rolls until golder brown - About 30 minutes.
19. Brush rolls with remaining Melted Butter.
20. Serve warm.
Serving Size: 24 Rolls