Stuffed Portobello Mushrooms
IntroductionKind of what would happen if you took a bun-less turkey burger and it went on a date with a lean turkey meatloaf ! Super Easy! Nice with a Salad for lunch or dinner ! Kind of what would happen if you took a bun-less turkey burger and it went on a date with a lean turkey meatloaf ! Super Easy! Nice with a Salad for lunch or dinner !
-Ground Turkey Breast (Shady Brooke Farm, 99% Fat Free), 10 oz
-Portobello Mushroom (4 large caps - for stuffing), reserve about 1/2 of a large Portobello Mushroom Cap or a few smaller crimini or white mushrooms (chopped finely)
- 1/3 cup of white or yellow onions, raw, chopped
- 1 clove of Garlic, minced (or 1 tbsp of the pre-chopped stuff)
- 2 tsp of Lea & Perrins Worcester Sauce
- 4 slices of a nice tomato, 1 for each stuffed mushroom
- 1 small slice of Lite Havarti Cheese (I take 2 slices and make them 4)
- 2 tbsp of Hormel "Real" Bacon Bits
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Herbs or spices to your liking (sage, rosemary, thyme, parsley)
- Use a cooling rack on top of your roasting pan or cookie sheet - this will stabilize the caps and keep them from rolling.
- Use a meat thermometer to ensure done-ness.
- Nice dinner with a microwaved or baked sweet potato, or sweet potato fries
- Great for lunch with a salad
De-stem and set aside 4 Large caps for stuffing. You can remove the gills if you want to, I don't bother.
Process (chop, mince etc) all of your ingredients and combine in a bowl. You can add additional seasonings such as sage, rosemary, or thyme - I typically add a sprinkling of sage and dried thyme to mine, fresh chopped parsley would be great too.
Once well combined in a bowl, simply divide the turkey mixture into 4 and stuff the mushroom caps.
Place on your pan (with cooling rack - see "Tips") top with a slice of tomato. Add additional seasonings if you want (pepper, etc.).
Place in the oven and bake for about 15 -20 minutes, use a thermometer to determine temperature. When you temp is at about 145-150 add a portion of cheese to the top and cover with foil and finish cooking. (fully cooked - 165 degrees internal).
Remove and serve !
Serving Size: Makes 4 services
Number of Servings: 4
Recipe submitted by SparkPeople user ACCIDENTALCHEF.