Tofu Spring Rolls (Vietnamese Style)
- Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- Calories: 37.5
- Total Fat: 1.6 g
- Cholesterol: 0.0 mg
- Sodium: 23.7 mg
- Total Carbs: 5.8 g
- Dietary Fiber: 0.7 g
- Protein: 2.6 g
IntroductionThis is a cold, light, and crispy dish. This is a cold, light, and crispy dish.
4 oz. firm tofu (cut into 1/2 oz. strips)
1/2 cucumber (peel, julienne)
1/2 medium carrot (julienne)
1/2 yellow or orange bell pepper (julienne)
2 tbsp. ground peanuts
8 medium rice paper wrappers
1. To be able to handle the rice paper the easiest, make sure the surface that you are using is not smooth like porcelain or granite. A plastic cutting board with some texture is best. It provides just enough air underneath it to dry properly enough to roll it with no problem.
It's no how long you soak it that gets it ready, it's appropriate drying time.
Also, it is best served immediately, not refrigerated, with some kind of sauce. I recommend a peanut or avocado sauce.
1. Wet the rice paper wrapped completely (under faucet or in a shallow dish) and immediately lay on a dry, flat surface.
2. Place a strip of tofu toward one end of the rice paper. Sprinkle about 1 tsp ground peanuts on the tofu.
3. Put 1 oz. of an even mix of of the cucumber, carrot, pepper, and bean sprouts on top of the tofu.
4. When the rice paper is limp, sticky, and no longer slimy, it is ready to wrap. Wrap it burrito style.
Serving Size: Makes 8 spring rolls, about 1.5 oz. each
Number of Servings: 8
Recipe submitted by SparkPeople user SIMPLELIFE81.