Low Carb Cheesy Chicken Stuffed Poblano Peppers
- Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- Calories: 406.3
- Total Fat: 23.3 g
- Cholesterol: 140.7 mg
- Sodium: 516.9 mg
- Total Carbs: 3.5 g
- Dietary Fiber: 0.7 g
- Protein: 40.5 g
IntroductionThe name says it all! These are delicious, chicken stuffed poblano peppers. Bell peppers can also be used, but won't have that special kick the poblano adds. The name says it all! These are delicious, chicken stuffed poblano peppers. Bell peppers can also be used, but won't have that special kick the poblano adds.
4 poblano peppers, choose round ones for easy stuffing
2c cubed, cooked, chicken breast
2 Tbsp sour cream
8 oz shredded cheddar cheese
4 slices jalapeno jack cheese
1 tsp cumin
1 Tbsp chili powder
TIP: If watching carbs, be very careful of your salsa choice. Find one that is the least refined and appx. 1 carb or less per serving. Otherwise, add extra carbs to calculator.
This can easily be made into a low fat recipe as well by using reduced fat cheeses and sour cream.
2. To prepare the peppers, slice a "T" shape into the top of the pepper. Start as though you're going to remove the top but don't cut all the way through, then slice lengthwise to open. This should give you the ability to open the pepper wide enough to stuff. Scrape out the seeds. Add the peppers to a dish with a small amount of water, microwave for 3-5 minutes to soften.
2. Add the diced chicken breast to a large bowl, combine 8 oz shredded cheese, 1/2 c salsa, 2 Tbsp sour cream, cumin, and chili powder
3. Stuff peppers with mixture
4. Top with a slice of jalapeno jack cheese, or more shredded cheese
5. Bake at 375 for 28-30 minutes, until the cheese is bubbly and slightly browned
Serving Size: Makes 4 Stuffed Peppers
Number of Servings: 4
Recipe submitted by SparkPeople user BRENSJOURNEY.
Rate This Recipe
Recipe CollectionsHere are user created Recipe Collection which have this recipe:
- by: BRENSJOURNEY