Peaches and Cream Pretzel Pie
- Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- Calories: 371.8
- Total Fat: 25.8 g
- Cholesterol: 82.1 mg
- Sodium: 318.2 mg
- Total Carbs: 34.6 g
- Dietary Fiber: 1.1 g
- Protein: 3.8 g
IntroductionLight, cool, creamy, slightly sweet, slightly tart, and bit salty. perfect blend for a hot summer day. Light, cool, creamy, slightly sweet, slightly tart, and bit salty. perfect blend for a hot summer day.
6 oz Pretzels, ground to a fine crumb
8 tbsp Salted Butter, melted
2 tbsp packed Brown Sugar
0.5 tsp Cinnamon, ground
3 tbsp Red Raspberry Seedless Jam
1.5 cup Heavy Whipping Cream
2 tsp Vanilla Extract
8 oz Cream Cheese, at room temp
0.25 cup Confectioners Sugar
0.33 cup Honey
3 medium Peaches, fresh, peeled and sliced to the thickness you desire
1 tbsp Red Raspberry Seedless Jam
To make ahead: if you'd like to make the pie ahead time, just keep the peaches off the pie until serving (unless you are making the frozen pie). You can keep the pie and honeyed peaches separately in the fridge for about a day before you are ready to serve.
2. In a medium bowl, combine the pretzel crumbs, butter, honey, and cinnamon, and mix until combined. Remove 2 tablespoons of the dough and spread on a small baking sheet. Press the remaining dough into an 8-9 inch pie plate. Transfer both to the oven and bake until toasted, about 8 minutes. Let cool completely before filling. Break the extra dough into crumbs and set aside for serving.
3. Meanwhile, make the cream. In a large bowl, using an electric mixer, beat the cream and vanilla on medium-high speed until soft peaks form, 2 to 3 minutes. Add the crème fraîche and sugar and beat until incorporated, 30 seconds. Chill until ready to use.
4. To assemble, spread the raspberry jam over the bottom of the cooled crust and then spoon the cream over top, spreading in an even layer. Cover and chill for 6 hours, preferably overnight, until firm. Alternately, see freezing directions below.
5. To make the peaches. Bring the honey to a low boil in a medium saucepan, simmer 1 minute and remove from the heat and stir in the peaches, tossing to combine. Let sit 10 minutes, until cooled.
6. To serve, spoon a few peach slices over the cream, reserving the remaining peaches + honey for serving individually. Add a handful of raspberries and sprinkle on the reserve pretzel crumbs. Slice and serve immediately, topped with additional peaches and honey sauce.
To make a frozen pie. Complete the recipe through step 4. Chill the pie while you make the peaches, then top the pie with peaches and freeze until firm, 3-4 hours or overnight. To serve, remove the pie 10 minutes before slicing. Slice and serve as directed above. The pie can be frozen for up to 2 weeks.
Yield: One 9" Pie
Serving Size: 12 slices
Member Ratings For This Recipe