Stuffed Green Peppers (ground Turkey)
- Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- Calories: 228.5
- Total Fat: 10.1 g
- Cholesterol: 55.8 mg
- Sodium: 353.5 mg
- Total Carbs: 16.2 g
- Dietary Fiber: 2.2 g
- Protein: 15.2 g
View full nutritional breakdown of Stuffed Green Peppers (ground Turkey) calories by ingredient
IntroductionA nice twist for a good healthy meal A nice twist for a good healthy meal
Number of Servings: 4
0.50 unit, yield from 1 lb raw Ground Turkey
0.50 cup, chopped Onions, raw
482 Green Peppers (bell peppers)
4 tbsp Ketchup, Heinz
2 cup, pieces or slices Mushrooms, fresh
0.5 cup Mozzarella w/ 2% Milk
0.25 cup Kraft Finely Shredded Sharp Cheddar Cheese
1. Ground Turkey in skillet, then remove.
2. Add Onions and Mushrooms and stir fry.
3. Add Ground turkey to mixture
4. Add Ketchup
5. Cut tops off of green peppers and remove seeding. Save Tops.
6. Microwave Peppers for 1-2 minutes.
7. Stuff each pepper with Turkey Mixture.
8. Bake for 15 Minutes in oven at 350 Degrees.
9. Remove from oven and top with Shredded Cheese
10. Bake addition 3-5 minutes until Cheese is Melted.
Makes 4 Servings - 280 Calories each.
Member Ratings For This Recipe
I used a few short cuts: After paring pepper, microwave for 2 minutes before stuffing.
Add 1/4 cup of chopped celery and mushrooms to the saute.
I adding a sprinkle of seasoning salt and pepper to the browning ground turkey.
And a dollop of worchestershire sauce. Top with shreds of low fat chee - 3/14/16