Strawberry and Blueberry Quinoa Salad
- Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- Calories: 180.3
- Total Fat: 2.2 g
- Cholesterol: 0.0 mg
- Sodium: 93.4 mg
- Total Carbs: 36.5 g
- Dietary Fiber: 6.9 g
- Protein: 5.8 g
IntroductionThis is one of my favorite salads to make in the summer months. If you cook up a large batch of quinoa ahead of time, this can be a super easy one to throw together as well. This is one of my favorite salads to make in the summer months. If you cook up a large batch of quinoa ahead of time, this can be a super easy one to throw together as well.
1.5 cup cooked quinoa
1/2 medium red onion, diced
12 large strawberries, diced
3 medium stalks of celery, diced
20 red lettuce leaves, chopped
2 cups spinach, chopped
1 cup chopped carrot
4 tbsp balsamic vinegar
1 tbsp light blue agave syrup
I like to use red leaf lettuce and spinach, but this works with any kind of salad greens or mixtures. You can also go a little light on the quinoa mixture and save it for the next day. It will taste just as good! If you are in a hurry, Step 4 can be omitted.
2. Combine diced onion, strawberries, blueberries, and quinoa in a bowl.
3. Add balsamic vinegar mixture to the bowl.
4. Chill for about an hour so that the mixture can be soaked up a little.
5. Combine red leaf lettuce, spinach, carrots and diced celery and divide into 4 servings.
6. Spoon quinoa mixture onto salads and enjoy!
Rate This Recipe
Recipe CollectionsHere are user created Recipe Collection which have this recipe:
- by: 1LADYMYSTIC Here are some of my favorite vegan lunches that have the added benefit of being gluten-free as well!