Chile Relleno Casserole
IntroductionA delicious substitution for this Mexican favorite! A delicious substitution for this Mexican favorite!
- 1 3/4 cup Kraft Shredded Monterrey Jack/Cheddar 2%
- 1 cup Light Sour Cream
- 1 cup egg substitute
- 1 lb ground chicken (cooked)
- 1.5 tsp Canned Chipotle peppers in Adobo Sauce
- 1 can green chiles
- 1 small onion, diced
- 1 tsp Olive Oil
- 1 spray non-stick spray
The original recipe didn't call for chicken at all, so if you'd like to omit that, please do! I used all of the small container of sour cream b/c the original recipe called for 3/4 cup, and by the time I filled the measuring cup it didn't look like there was 1/4 of a cup left! I also went ahead and used the entire package of cheese instead of the 1 1/2 cups of low fat cheddar/Monterrey Jack blend that was initially called for. (Yes, the recipe reflects this!)
2. Add Onions and cook until soft.
3. Add peppers (Chipotle + Green) to the mix.
4. Cook 1 minute
5. Grease Casserole Dish
6. Add meat mixture.
7. Wisk Sour Cream with Egg Substitute.
8. Spread cheese over meat mixture.
9. Pour Egg/Sour Cream mixture over the top (you may want to shake it or stir to make sure that it gets evenly distributed).
10. Cook at 400 for 35 minutes.
Serving Size: Makes 4 Servings
Number of Servings: 4
Recipe submitted by SparkPeople user JILLOMONSTER.