Low-Fat, Low-Carb Brownies
IntroductionI need to play with this recipe a bit to get a better consistency, but for now, it's an easy one-bowl chocolate dessert that is low in fat. I need to play with this recipe a bit to get a better consistency, but for now, it's an easy one-bowl chocolate dessert that is low in fat.
1/2 cup all-purpose flour
7 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
3/4 cup Splenda
1/8 teaspoon salt
2 tablespoons vegetable oil
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/2 cup unsweetened applesauce
Please let me know how you decide to tweak this recipe. The original one I followed called for a 4 oz. jar of prunes (baby food) instead of applesauce, and 1 cup of sugar instead of Splenda. I don't like the consistency of this recipe, but it is good tasting, so it's worth playing around with.
2. Grease an 8x8 inch square pan.
3. In a medium bowl, stir together flour, cocoa, sugar, and salt.
4. Pour in oil, vanilla, prunes, and eggs. Mix until everything is well blended.
5. Spread the batter evenly into the prepared pan.
6. Bake for 30 minutes in the preheated oven, or until top is shiny and a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
Serving Size: makes one 8x8 inch pan