Brakewood Pad Thai
- Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- Calories: 225.5
- Total Fat: 8.2 g
- Cholesterol: 0.0 mg
- Sodium: 530.3 mg
- Total Carbs: 32.1 g
- Dietary Fiber: 1.9 g
- Protein: 8.1 g
IntroductionOldie but a goodie. Nutrition info uses stevia instead of sugar since that's my favvvvvvvvvvorite. Oldie but a goodie. Nutrition info uses stevia instead of sugar since that's my favvvvvvvvvvorite.
Rice Vermicelli, 4 oz
Water, 1 cup
Small Portabella mushrooms, quartered, 3 oz
Vegetable oil, 1 tbsp
Onions, chopped, 1/4 cup
Minced garlic, from jar, 1 tsp (aprox 1 large clove if using fresh)
Sriracha Hot Chili Sauce, 1 tsp
Lime juice, 1/4 cup
Low-sodium soy sauce, 2 tbsp
Sugar, 1 tbsp
Egg whites, 3
Bean sprouts, 1 cup
Dry-roasted peanuts, coarsely chopped, 1/4 cup
Hubs liked this with the addition of peas and made the request that we add some meat protein in the future. I loved it the way it is, but it will definitely keep me full for longer if I add some beef. It’s not too hot, but the heat is balanced well with the lime. Some of you Sriracha lovers might prefer to double that amount to give it more kick.
2. Cook vermicelli in large pot of boiling water until just tender – approximately 2 minutes. Using a strainer or tongs, put vermicelli in a large bowl of cold water, then drain when the noodles are cool.
3. When mushrooms are done steaming, drain and discard liquid. Thinly slice mushrooms.
4. Heat a large nonstick skillet or wok. Swirl in oil, then add onions and garlic. Saute for about 10 seconds, then add Siracha. Cook and stir until fragrant – about another 10 seconds. Add lime juice, soy sauce and sugar; cook and stir until sugar dissolves – about 30 seconds.
5. Add mushrooms, cook until they have abosorbed some of the sauce – 1 to 2 minutes. Stir in egg whites and cook (keep stirring) while they set – about 30 seconds. Add vermicelli and bean sprouts, cook and toss until mixed and heated thru – 2 to 3 minutes. Also consider adding thinly sliced cooked beef, shredded chicken or even chicken from a can at this point to add protein. (Not included in nutritional information.)
6. Serve in a bowl, sprinkled with the peanuts. Add cilantro for garnish. May also add in cooked veggies (ex, peas) at this point. (Not included in nutritional information.)
Serving size: 1/4 of noodles and peanuts.
Serving Size: makes 4 servings