Dolmades (Stuffed Grape Leaves) with Extra Lean Ground Turkey
- Servings Per Recipe: 53
- Amount Per Serving
- Calories: 73.1
- Total Fat: 3.7 g
- Cholesterol: 27.4 mg
- Sodium: 91.3 mg
- Total Carbs: 1.9 g
- Dietary Fiber: 0.7 g
- Protein: 7.8 g
2 pkgs (712 g x2) 1424 g Extra Lean Ground Turkey
3 Onions (Small-Medium Sized)
3 Garlic Cloves (or 2 Tsp Garlic Powder)
2 C Green Onions
2 C Fresh Dill (or 2 Tbsp Dry Dill)
1 C Fresh Parsley
2 Tsp Black Pepper
1 Litre Jar Grape Leaves (About 51-53 Leaves).
5 Cups Water
2 Chicken Bouillon Cubes
1) Use different bouillon depending on what filling or meat you use. Eg. Vegetable, mushroom, chicken or beef bouillon; ground beef; ground chicken; ground turkey, vegetarian filling, rice, etc...
2) Serve with a greek salad, vegetables, feta, olives, tzatziki, etc...
3) Serve grape leaves drizzled with fresh squeezed lemon juice on top.
2) In large bowl mix ground turkey with onions, garlic, dill, parsley, pepper.
3) Drain & rinse grape leaves several times in warm water. Now they are ready to roll.
4) Have a large rectangular, deep dish pan ready to place grape leaves in, as you roll them.
5) In a glass measuring cup, dissolve bouillon cubes in water by heating in microwave about 3-4 minutes. Then pour half of this liquid in bottom of pan.
6) Make roll ups: Lay out 1 grape leaf at a time, cut off the stem, then put about 1 heaping tablespoon of the meat/spice mix. Roll similar to a cabbage roll. Continue to do this until all grape leaves are rolled. You may need to double up on small leaves to enlarge leaf size, as some leaves are much smaller and difficult to fill/roll.
7) Pour remaining bouillon/water over top of grape leaves, then cook grape leaves in oven about 1 hour, at 350-400 %. Cover with aluminum to maintain moisture. Ensure to ladle liquid over grape leaves about every 15 minutes, to ensure they are not dry on top.
Serving Size: Makes 51-53 Stuffed Grape Leaves, 1 Serving=1 Grape Leaf
Number of Servings: 53
Recipe submitted by SparkPeople user YEENEKARA.