Chicken, Swiss, Avocado Quesadilla
- Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- Calories: 474.2
- Total Fat: 25.5 g
- Cholesterol: 90.0 mg
- Sodium: 1,796.4 mg
- Total Carbs: 16.7 g
- Dietary Fiber: 11.9 g
- Protein: 27.5 g
IntroductionNot an obvious combination, but I really love this! Not an obvious combination, but I really love this!
1 Ole Foods Xtreme Wellness High Fiber Low Carb Tortilla Wrap
1 1/2 Slices Kroger Swiss Cheese Singles
2 oz Roast chicken dark meat, no skin
1/4 sliced Haas avocado
1/2 Tablespoon butter
8 Tablespoons PACE Chunky Mild Picante Salsa
I buy a whole roasted chicken from Kroger and remove all the meat while it is still warm. (It's easier to do when it is still warm.) I keep the light and dark meat separate because it's easier to track calories that way. Then I'll weigh out 2 oz portions and freeze them in snack size ziplock baggies for easy future use.
I listed net carbs rather than total carbs for the Ole tortilla wrap to get a more accurate carb count in the recipe.
The two slices of swiss cheese made it very cheesy. I'm going to try just one slice next time which would drop the total calories by 70.
2. Spread the chicken over half of the tortilla. (I salt the chicken a little at this point.)
3. Slice the quarter of avocado into 4 thin slices and place on top of the chicken.
4. Melt the butter in a skillet on medium heat and then place the tortilla in pan and cover with lid.
5. Cook approximately 5 minutes until the cheese is melted and tortilla is golden brown.
6. Fold tortilla over the chicken and avocado (flattening slightly) then remove from pan onto a plate.
7. Cut in half with sissors or knife.
8. Spoon picante sauce on top.
Serving Size: Makes 1 quesadilla