Laffs crustless quiche
Safflower Oil, oleic, 2 1tsp
Butternut Squash, .5 cup, cubes
Carrots, raw, .5 cup, chopped
Beets, fresh, .5 cup
Broccoli, fresh, 0.5 cup, chopped or diced
Green Peppers (bell peppers), 0.5 cup, chopped
Spinach, fresh, .5 cup
Ham, extra lean, (5% fat), .5 cup, diced
Egg white, fresh, 7 large
Plain non fat yogurt, 4 oz
Parmesan Cheese, grated, .5 oz
Feta Cheese, 1 oz
Swiss Cheese, .5 oz
*Asiago Cheese, .5 oz
Romano Cheese, .5 oz
Seasoning to taste (I put in salt, pepper, nutmeg, and turmeric.
I make these once a week. They are good cold, three with a piece of fruit, toast, and a cup of tea make an excellent breakfast, and I put three in a baggie and freeze for a quick "grab as I go out the door because I forgot to pack my lunch." Prep time can be as little as 5 min if you use 3 cups or so of last nights cooked veggies. (I put all the left over veggies in a bowl and use them.)
2. add chopped squash, carrots, and beets.
3. While they are getting a little soft separate eggs and put whites into blender.
4. add broccoli and green peppers to fry pan when you are able to dent the squash with turner.
5. add yogurt to blender and blend on low.
6. add ham when you can cut carrots with turner.
7. add cheeses and seasoning to blender and blend.
8. add spinach when all the veggies are soft enough to cut easily with turner.
9. Spray muffin tin with cooking spray and turn on oven to 375.
10. turn off fry pan, let contents cool for a couple of minutes, and add contents to blender.
11. Once everything is mixed, spoon 1/4 cup egg mixture into tins (you can use those cute muffin papers if you want.)
Serving Size: makes 20ish mini crustless quiches
Number of Servings: 24
Recipe submitted by SparkPeople user LAFFWITHLINDA.