Slow Cooked Creamy Mustard Pork Chops
- Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- Calories: 399.0
- Total Fat: 24.7 g
- Cholesterol: 78.9 mg
- Sodium: 203.8 mg
- Total Carbs: 16.5 g
- Dietary Fiber: 0.6 g
- Protein: 22.5 g
IntroductionBrowned pork chops smothered in a mustard wine sauce Browned pork chops smothered in a mustard wine sauce
1 TBS. canola oil
6 boneless pork chops, approximately 4 oz. raw each
1 cup chopped onion
1 tsp. granulated garlic powder
1 tsp. dry mustard
1/2 tsp ground black pepper
1 shake dry chipotle powder
1 TBS corn starch
1 TBS cider vinegar
1/2 Cup white wine
2 TBS dijon mustard
1/2 cup whole milk
Dairy does not do well in the slow cooker long term. It will separate. That is why it is added just before serving.
This is adapted from Food.com "Crock Pot Oniony Pork Chops With Creamy Mustard Sauce" #16902 by cook "Lennie"
2) In same skillet, saute onion until softened. Add garlic, dry mustard, pepper, and chipotle. Stir and cook 1 minute.
3) In a lidded jar, shake corn starch, vinegar and wine until corn starch is dissolved. Pour into skillet with onion mixture and cook until thickened.
4) Pour onion mixture over pork chops and cook on LOW for 4 hours or HIGH for 2 hours, until pork is tender.
5) Remove pork chops to a platter and keep warm.
6) Stir dijon mustard and whole milk into juices left in the slow cooker, then pour over chops and serve immediately.
Serving Size: makes 6 pork chops
Number of Servings: 6
Recipe submitted by SparkPeople user MOJOLO.