Delicious Kale Salad with Chicken and Bacon
- Servings Per Recipe: 5
- Amount Per Serving
- Calories: 158.3
- Total Fat: 7.6 g
- Cholesterol: 22.0 mg
- Sodium: 190.5 mg
- Total Carbs: 11.9 g
- Dietary Fiber: 5.3 g
- Protein: 10.5 g
IntroductionThis is a delicious, nutritious, and visually appealing dinner salad. This is a delicious, nutritious, and visually appealing dinner salad.
3 cup Cabbage, napa
1 cup Snap peas
180 gram(s) Bell Pepper, fresh yellow
1.50 cup Lacinto (Dino) Kale
3 serving Onion, White/Red, Fresh (1 Slice- Large 1/4")
2 serving Cucumber, Fresh (1 Cup Sliced)
1 serving Hass Avocado Fresh (1/2 of Avocado)
1 cup Fresh Express Leafy Green Romaine
45 gram Bacon 2 slices
4 oz Tyson boneless, skinless chicken breast
Use prepared chopped kale and Napa cabbage if available to save time. The kale and Napa cabbage should be rubbed between hands to minimize gaseous effects. Avoid dressing with dairy as it will compromise absorption of nutrients. I prefer Light House Sesame Ginger Dressing. 2 slices of bacon equal 15 grams, lack of a better option I listed the 6 slices as 45 grams.
1. Place 6 thin pieces of thinly sliced bacon into a nonstick frying pan slightly under medium heat. Turn every few minutes until cooked though.
2. Remove and drain bacon on cooling rack. Leave some bacon grease in pan.
3. Pound chicken until fairly thin then place into frying pan with bacon grease. Cook for 5 minutes on each side until cooked through. Remove chicken from pan and place on cooling rack to drain. Set aside.
Prepare Vegetable Filling:
1.After each vegetable is prepared place in a medium size bowl.
2. Chop 1/4 red onion to thin 1" pieces, place in bowl.
3. Slice cucumber into 1/4" slices. Cut slices into 4 pieces.
4. Julienne Yellow bell pepper then cut into 1" pieces.
5. Thinly slice 1/2 avocado.
6. Prepare snap peas by cutting 1/4" off each side, remove side strings, cut in half lengthwise then chop in thin sections.
7. Toss ingredients in bowl, set aside.
Prepare bed of salad:
1. Place the following ingredients in large salad bowl.
2. Add 3 cups of Napa cabbage cut into strips or shredded. Rub handfuls of the prepared cabbage between hands before placing in the bowl. Do not include bottom fourth of stalk.
3. Add 2 cups of kale cut into strips with center strips removed. Rub kale between hands before placing in bowl.
4. Add 1 cup of Romaine cut into strips into bowl.
1. Add medium bowl of vegetable filling into large bowl. Toss all ingredients with hands.
2. Place julienned chicken strips on top of the salad.
3. Cut bacon into small pieces and place on top.
Toss one more time. Serve with favorite salad dressing.
Serving Size: Makes 5 1.5 cup servings.