Honey Nut Craisin Granola
IntroductionA fabulous cereal for munching, eating for breakfast, putting on Greek Yogurt, or topping your favorite salad. A fabulous cereal for munching, eating for breakfast, putting on Greek Yogurt, or topping your favorite salad.
7 C Multi-Grain "Country Choice Organic"
1 C Wheat Germ
1 C Unsweetened Flake Coconut
1 C Sliced Almonds
1 C Chopped Pecans
1 C Flax Seed
1 C Sunflower Seed
1 C Pumpkin Seed
1 C Sesame Seed
1 C Wheat Bran
1 C Toasted Soybeans
1 C Maple Syrup
1 C Honey- Raw
1 C Brown Sugar
3/4 C Vegetable Oil
3/4 C Boiling Water
1/2 tsp Salt
1 T Cinnamon
1 tsp Vanilla
4 C Craisins (Added after baking the Granola)
I have attempted different toasting times. It turns out that it takes the entire 90 minutes to achieve the toasted level that we desire. You may find you like your Granola less toasted; carefully watch the granola during the last 30 minute cycle to achieve your desired toasted level.
1. Preheat over to 275 degrees F.
2. In a large bowl, combine and stir together all of the ingredients except for the Craisins.
3. In a separate bowl, mix together the oil, honey, maple syrup, salt, vanilla, and boiling water.
4. Pour the prepared liquid over the dry ingredients and stir until evenly coated. Stir from the bottom up to ensure that all of the ingredients are coated evenly.
5. On a foil lined cookie sheet (2) divide the ingredients and spread evenly on the cookie sheets.
6. Bake for 60 - 90 minutes in the preheated oven. Remove cookie sheets every 30 minutes and stir until lightly toasted and fragrant.
7. Return the ingredients to the large bowl and stir in the Craisins. The Granola will crisp up as it cools.
8. Place in air tight containers for storage.