Beef Tenderloin Snow Pea Red Pepper Stirfry by Tamera
- Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- Calories: 304.6
- Total Fat: 19.2 g
- Cholesterol: 38.6 mg
- Sodium: 165.9 mg
- Total Carbs: 20.3 g
- Dietary Fiber: 3.8 g
- Protein: 14.5 g
IntroductionI am always looking for ways to have stir-fry, without the added salt of traditional stir fry. And this one hits the mark! I love this sauce. It has a satisfying bounty of flavor and works well if you want to add rice as a side to this dish. The balsamic red peppers, made separately in this dish, has that salty flavor you come to expect in Stir Fry and makes all the difference. So not a step I would skip. I am always looking for ways to have stir-fry, without the added salt of traditional stir fry. And this one hits the mark! I love this sauce. It has a satisfying bounty of flavor and works well if you want to add rice as a side to this dish. The balsamic red peppers, made separately in this dish, has that salty flavor you come to expect in Stir Fry and makes all the difference. So not a step I would skip.
8 oz Beef, tenderloin
8 oz Peas, edible-podded, raw [Snowpeas, Sugar snap peas]
.5 medium Carrots, raw
.5 stalk, medium (7-1/2" - 8" lon Celery, raw
1 small Onions, raw
6 tsp Garlic
6 tsp Ginger Root
1 tbsp Almond Butter
4.5 tsp packed Brown Sugar
21 gram(s) Avocado Oil - Chosen Foods - 1 TBSP
1 tbsp Balsamic Vinegar
1 medium (approx 2-3/4" long, 2- Peppers, sweet, red, fresh
0.25 tsp Kosher Salt (by 65PLUS1)
1 tbsp Argo 100% Pure Corn Starch
.75 cup Water, Filtered
1 1tsp Sesame Oil
Okay I know this recipe seems a little daunting. But stir fry traditionally is pretty involved but it just takes a few time and making sure you do the bulk of the work before you start cooking otherwise it's a fail. Once you start cooking, it goes seriously fast!
Start with mincing the garlic and peeling and mincing the ginger root very finely. Place in a prep bowl.
Next prepare the beef tenderloin. Cut in thin strips about 1/8 inch thick across the grain and place in bowl. Season the meat with Salt and Pepper to desired taste, add 1 tsp of the minced Ginger and 1 tsp of the minced Garlic. Mix well and set aside at room temperature and prepare the rest of ingredients to get ready to cook.
I recommend you pre cook the pea pods. Place 2 cups of water in sauce pan to boil. Prepare the Sugar Snap Peas by breaking off and removing ends and strings. Once the water boils, place the pea pods in the boiling water. Once is starts to boil again, set timer for 3 minutes then drain. Set aside in a bowl. This will be the only cooking you will do of the pea pods.
Prepare the rest of the ingredients to get ready to cook.
1.Remove pith from Red Pepper and slice in in 1/8 or slices.
2. Cut the carrots and celery diagonally to desired size, place in bowl.
3. Peel and slice onion from top to bottom in slices like the red pepper and place in same bowl as carrots and celery.
4. Prepare the sauce. Put 3/4 cup Water in measuring cup. Add the 1 TBSP Almond Butter, a few shakes of Salt, 1 Tbsp Brown Sugar, 1 tsp Sesame Oil and the 1 TBSP of corn starch. Mix well.
5. Put the 2 tsp Brown Sugar in prep bowl.
6. Measure out and place the Avocado or desired oil in prep bowl.
Start cooking the Stir-Fry when all the ingredients are ready.
7. Place 1 tsp or of the avocado or desired oil in medium saute' pan. Heat well and add the red pepper and 1 tsp of the brown sugar.
Cook on medium to high heat until nicely caramelized. Once caramelized add 1 T Balsamic and cook until balsamic is reduced and coats the red pepper about a minute or less. Be careful not to burn the red pepper. Remove from heat and remove the red pepper from the pan.
8. Using the same pan, 2 tsp of the oil. Add the celery carrots and onion mixture. Cook until the vegetables are fork tender about 5 minutes stirring fairly constantly. Remove from pan and place in bowl and set aside. .
9. Add another 2 tsp of oil to the pan and cook the meat to desired tenderness on medium high heat searing the meat so it browns about 2 minutes stirring constantly.
10. Add the rest of the ginger root to the meat and cook about 30 seconds then add the garlic and cook another 30 seconds. Add the cooked Onion mixture/vegetables back to the pan and mix well.
10. Make a well in the middle of the pan to expose the bottom of the pan. Make sure the pan is still quite hot and stir in the sauce mixture and cook until it thickens. Add the pea pods back to the stir fry.
11. Serve the stir fry in a dish and top with 1/4 of the red pepper mixture.
The red peppers alone are amazing!
Serving Size: 4 servings
Number of Servings: 4
Recipe submitted by SparkPeople user PASTA3.
Rate This Recipe
Recipe CollectionsHere are user created Recipe Collection which have this recipe:
- by: PASTA3