Pork Loin With Marmalade & Sweet Potatoes
1. Heat the olive oil up in a small sauce pan. Add the garlic and ginger and stir until very fragrant (about a minute).
2. Add the remaining marinade ingredients by whisking.
3. Simmer the marinade over low heat for 8 minutes.
4. Cool marinade to room temperature.
5. Pour marinade over pork loin in a large (enough) Ziploc bag.
6. Refrigerate until ready to grill.
1. Prepare sweet potatoes by peeling and chopping into large chunks.
2. Drizzle 1-2 Tablespoons of olive oil over sweet potatoes (depending on number of potatoes).
3. Sprinkle 3/4 Tablespoon of sea salt onto potatoes.
DIRECTIONS FOR GRILLING:
1. Heat one side of the gas grill to medium-high and the other to low (as low as it goes).
2. Grill the pork loin on the medium-high heat side for 4-5 minutes on each side (flipping once).
3. Move the pork to the low-heat side.
4. In a grill pan, put the sweet potatoes over the medium-high heat side. Turning and stirring throughout the remaining of the cooking time.
5. Cook for 12 minutes (turning potatoes throughout) then flip the pork loins. Cook an additional 12 minutes or until an internal temperature of 147F (pork) and the potatoes are tender. (Total potato cooking time: 25 minutes)
6. Remove pork and potatoes from heat. Tent the pork under aluminum foil and allow to rest for 12-15 minutes.
7. Put the sweet potatoes into a serving bowl. Since we like sweeter potatoes, I drizzled them with 2 Tablespoons of butter, 2 Tablespoons of maple syrup and 1 Tablespoon of brown sugar. Add all seasonings to taste.
Once the resting time is over, slice the pork loin thinly and serve with the grilled sweet potatoes.
Submitted by: BUCCANEERQUEEN
CALORIES: 531.9 |
FAT: 18.1g |
PROTEIN: 43.9g |
CARBS: 47.3g |