This Is How I Roll ~ Without a Sushi Mat
Rolling sushi with parchment paper, waxed paper, aluminum foil or a sheet cut from a paper grocery bag is a bit harder than using a mat, but keep trying.
1. Spread your sushi rice evenly onto the nori. Covering the entire sheet, leaving a half inch on each end so you can seal the roll after you get it hand rolled.
2. Add the ingredients to the roll. Put the ingredients on the nori paper closest to where you are going to start rolling from.
3. Using two hands, begin to roll the roll away from you going very slow until you get to the end of the roll, ensuring the roll is staying tight.
4. When you get to the end of the roll, apply water to the half inch of the nori you left without filling and seal the roll shut.
5. Use a sharp knife to cut the sushi into serving pieces.
6. Arrange on a plate. Cover with plastic and refrigerate until ready to serve.